Saturday, May 21, 2011

Is it okay to eat miracle grow??

Finally.....after a VERY long week, we have a day of sunshine, and an evening outside......after feeding the kids we head outside for our gourmet feast....

I mean really, is there anything else that says summer is coming better than a grilled hotdog, fries and a cold beer??? Okay, so maybe an ear of corn on the cob would have clinched it, but let me tell you that hotdog was so good......well, I was enjoying it so much tyler had to have a bite!!

As we sat in our "vintage" and up-to-date lawn furniture the kids played in their new little tikes garden house.....gifted by Meme....

I think it was a pity gift because she knew how terrible our rainy week inside was......but these kids love it....all of it, especially cooking on the stove and checking the mailbox....


The picture on the box showed the "window box" filled with colorful gerber daisies....so I thought it would be a good idea to put flowers in their little house....I got as far as putting miracle grow in the window boxes.....and although the kids don't seem to know the difference I'm not so sure extra dirt was such a good idea...


Although they have already eaten....Ava just has to try a taste of dirt for desert....and has me actually asking outloud...."is it okay to eat miracle grow?".....Joe takes a sip of his beer and shrugs his shoulders "maybe she'll be bigger tomorrow."We let the kids play until they are completely covered in filth and ketchup.......and then we let them play some more because it's just SO NICE OUT!!

Tyler mows the nieghbors lawn because "his gwass is so wong Mommy!!" and Ava finishes mowing our lawn before we head inside.....
and I'm left thinking, "is it sumer time yet??"

No comments:

Post a Comment