Wednesday, December 8, 2010

How I'd like to remember it.....

Today was Tyler's first time at "munchkin soccer".....last night I decided we had to get out and do something and this seemed like just the thing.  This picture is how I'd like to remember today.....

but lets face it.....a two year old doing something he's never done before......it wasn't all smiles.  It started great....he ran onto the indoor field and was kicking around another ball with a couple of the kids and having fun.....then Teacher Tanya started the class.....in my head I was thinking "they are between the ages of 2-5 isn't running around for 45 minutes and occassionally kicking a ball enough?".  And that's when Tyler turned into Mr. Shy guy and wouldn't leave my side......of course this is precisely when Ava gets hungry.....so I play the "just ignore him" game and tell him to just sit and watch the other kids and maybe he will feel like joining in.  After Teacher Tanya finishes some rigorous stretching.....again I'm thinking "do they really need to stretch at this age??"......she does something that catches Tyler's eye. She takes out some cones and makes a "Pirate ship", after much positive reinforcement and some observing from a distance Tyler finally sees his chance and goes running in to join the game.  As soon as he gets close enough he gets run over by the biggest kid in the class......crying follows......Mom on the field.......Ava clapping her hands in the stroller.  After calming down he drinks some juice and Ava and I sit on the sidelines to build up his courage to try again. 


Side Note: this turned into a playdate for Ava as she crawled after her first boyfriend Casey, a one year old little nugget!!! Too bad my hands were full and I don't have any pictures.....take my word for it they were cute.  The class continued with putting a ball on top of a cone and kicking it as hard as possible....Tyler was all over that.....and Ava was all over the place.....and did I mention this indoor field has that artificial grass that sticks to everything .....and Ava was wearing an all fleece onsie and tyler was wearing fleece pants.....put it this way, my kids, my car, my stroller, and my house are now all florescent green!!! 


 Like I said in the beginning....this is how I'd like to remember Tyler's first day at Munchkin Soccer...

No comments:

Post a Comment