Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Almost there...

After getting hit in the back of the head today by a soccer ball
during my practice I was literally forced to exhale.....
and rather than giving one of my girls a few choice words
I decided to take a deep breath and said
"Okay, coach needs five minutes"
So I stood off to the side and watched the worst team I have ever coached
and couldn't help but think
"two more weeks....only two more weeks...
you can do this....." 
 When I got home I decided to lift my spirits
by focusing on all the fantastic things
that have happened in the past 2 months in this crazy household.
Let us start with the Woodstock Fair!!!
The food was fantastic as always.... 
 the kiddie rides seemed better than last year.....


 
 and I laughed at this picture as I remembered that just behind me and Tyler
was Grampy and Ava who got going so fast on this slide
they were airborne!!
 So quickly it seemed the summer had ended and everything started to move
at a fast pace......I feel like only now am I beginning to catch up
Tyler had his first day of school
with his new teacher Mrs. Melanson, whom he loves,
and we even made it through the day without any tears

He started playing on his first soccer team...
I wish I could say there were no tears to be had.  I mean look how stinkin'
cute he looks.....and soccer is in his blood right?? However, the thought of
having to take off his favorite fish shirt and put on a uniform
just pushed him right over the top!! Oh well......
 
As September slipped through our fingers
we all became very excited for the arrival of baby McNerney. 
We kept ourselves busy with cousins....
 and trips to Woodstock to watch Meme's field hockey team,
but mostly to roll down this amazing hill....

but my cell phone was always close by, waiting for the call.
Baby Kendall had other things in mind.....and as one day late, turned into two....
and Auntie Dawnie (along with the rest of us) started to get impatient,
it was time for a suprise birthday party for Logan (Oct 4th) at Playtown Express!

And the very next day, on October 5th, came my new red headed niece!!!


Kendall Ann McNerney
So we decided to celebrate Strazzulla style in the lobby
with some breakdancing!


That weekend, the arrival of Baby Kendall somehow helped slow things down
and gave me a wake up call.....and helped this Mom get back to doing
the things she is good at.....like loving this time of year!!
 Forgetting about coaching while we tried to conquer the corn maze......
which we gave up on after 5 minutes!
 

 Enjoying my kids enjoying each other......
and laughing hysterically when I go to upload pictures off my camera and find that
my kids have learned how to take pictures of each others
"tooshie"

And as the rumble of an earthquake shakes the ottoman my feet are resting on.....
Joe says "did you feel that?" and I respond,
"yeah, it's just the washing machine."
I can't help but relax and laugh.......
because if an earthquake can't even get me to stop writing this blog,
I think I can make it through two more weeks of soccer!
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment