So it's been a while since I have written one of these....
I would say I have been a little busy, and VERY pregnant!
I was shocked to look back at my last entry date: October 2012
So I thought I would catch you up on a few "bright spots"
in our lives over past 5 months or so.
I made it through another holiday season without
the help of any alcoholic beverages.....I love my family, but
the help of any alcoholic beverages.....I love my family, but
sometimes a glass of wine makes everything better!!
The kids had a great time with our ever growing family
The kids had a great time with our ever growing family
and new friends and I think they have really
embraced the true meaning of Christmas....
"are there any more gifts to open?"
This was the longest winter I can remember.....mostly because I was tired, pregnant
"are there any more gifts to open?"
This was the longest winter I can remember.....mostly because I was tired, pregnant
and had no maternity snowpants to wear outside with the kids.
(Although it also meant no shoveling....hahaha)
We tried to keep ourselves busy with indoor multi-sport classes,
and making really big cookies!!!
In January we found out we would be expecting a little baby girl
to turn our family of 4 into 5 and as Tyler would say
"now the boys are going to be out numbered"
After our ultrasound I recieved a phone call the next day from the
doctors office and I knew something was wrong......because they never call
to say "hey congrats on the baby girl news, see you next appointment"
they call with things like "we saw bright spots on the babies heart"
and "you will need to go have another ultrasound to determine what this means"
and "your fluid levels are also low but we won't know what that means until the next ultrasound"
I stopped listening and focused on "bright spots".....
how could something that sounds so good be potentially bad.
We made it through the next 10 days until the followup and I remained
surprisingly calm, unlike my husband. After the ultrasound tech left the room,
and Joe and I had been starring at the now obvious "bright spots" on the babies heart
for the past 20 minutes, he looked at me and said "I am going to hit somebody if they don't tell us what the fuck is going on."
Luckily, the doctor came in quickly after and assured us
that everything would be okay.....so we moved on with "bright spots" in our minds
and relief in our hearts.
Onward to Ava's 3rd birthday.....oh yeah, I said third......which she insisted on having
at Chuck E Cheese.....and who was I to say "no."
And just like that I have gone from finding out I was pregnant with our third
to celebrating the 3rd birthday of our second born
to being very pregnant, tired and uncomfortable and coming to the realization
that this baby is going to be here very soon!!!
While I wait for her arrival I will think of how lucky I am for "bright spots",
for my two kids who have grown so big,
and my loving, patient husband.
And I will depend on family to help me keep it all together as we prepare to become
"Strazzulla, Party of 5"
"now the boys are going to be out numbered"
After our ultrasound I recieved a phone call the next day from the
doctors office and I knew something was wrong......because they never call
to say "hey congrats on the baby girl news, see you next appointment"
they call with things like "we saw bright spots on the babies heart"
and "you will need to go have another ultrasound to determine what this means"
and "your fluid levels are also low but we won't know what that means until the next ultrasound"
I stopped listening and focused on "bright spots".....
how could something that sounds so good be potentially bad.
We made it through the next 10 days until the followup and I remained
surprisingly calm, unlike my husband. After the ultrasound tech left the room,
and Joe and I had been starring at the now obvious "bright spots" on the babies heart
for the past 20 minutes, he looked at me and said "I am going to hit somebody if they don't tell us what the fuck is going on."
Luckily, the doctor came in quickly after and assured us
that everything would be okay.....so we moved on with "bright spots" in our minds
and relief in our hearts.
Onward to Ava's 3rd birthday.....oh yeah, I said third......which she insisted on having
at Chuck E Cheese.....and who was I to say "no."
And just like that I have gone from finding out I was pregnant with our third
to celebrating the 3rd birthday of our second born
to being very pregnant, tired and uncomfortable and coming to the realization
that this baby is going to be here very soon!!!
While I wait for her arrival I will think of how lucky I am for "bright spots",
for my two kids who have grown so big,
And I will depend on family to help me keep it all together as we prepare to become
"Strazzulla, Party of 5"

No comments:
Post a Comment